It’s little wonder that the Cheesecake Factory’s chicken medeira is the restaurant chain’s most beloved poultry dish. With a tender chicken breast, portobello mushrooms, and a heaping of mozarella cheese, how could a hungry diner possibly go wrong?
Are you ready to bring the Cheescake Factory’s chicken madeira dish to your own dining room table at a fraction of the cost of dining out? We’ve uncovered the Factory’s chicken madeira recipe.
Feel free to copy and cook as you please!
The Raw Materials
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1/2 lb. baby portabello mushrooms
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Madeira wine
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons Wondra or flour
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- crushed sea salt to taste
- Separate the chicken breast into two cutlets.
- Douse chicken with cracked black pepper and sea salt, cover with saran wrap and flatten with mallet until about 1/4″ thick.
- Heat olive oil in pan and fry cutlets for about 4-5 mins each side.
- Remove from heat, cover and set aside… do not clean pan.
- Melt butter in pan and saute sliced mushrooms for about 3 mins or until slightly wilted.
- Add wine, stock and Wondra and bring to boil.
- Lower heat to medium/low and simmer for about 20 mins stirring frequently.
- Sauce will thicken and become dark.
- Add chicken breasts to sauce; coating well.
- Saute for about 2 mins each side.
- Place 1 slice of mozzarella on each cutlet and heat until melted.
- Serve cutlets with sauce drizzled on top.
- To really feel like you’re dining at the Cheesecake Factory, pair this dish with some red-skinned mashed potatoes and steamed asparagus.
For such a tasty dish, this is a very simple recipe. We hope you’ll enjoy Cheescake Factory-style dining with very little hassle and maximum taste. And don’t forget: Be sure to check this blog regularly for more great Cheesecake Factory Recipes.